[ic] Non-Threaded Perl RPMs For RedHat v9.0

Randy Moore interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun May 11 11:35:01 2003

At 01:35 AM 5/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>As many of you have already noticed, Red Hat decided to configure Perl with
>threads since v8.0 for some unknown reason. Interchange is incompatible with
>threads and fails to run. To me, it's a hassle to compile a separate version
>of Perl just for Interchange, especially when I have no need for threads.
>
>I have reconfigured the Perl included with Red Hat v9.0 and created new RPMs
>for it and all the default and Interchange required modules. Other packages
>such as mod_perl and vim_enhanced had to be recompiled as well. All of these
>are available via anonymous FTP at: ftp.rideware.com

Hi Cameron,

Have you tried running a recent CVS copy of Interchange on your nonthreaded
Perl in RPC mode?

I've been compiling my own copies of Perl without threads (and other
options, like perlio & different optimizaiton levels), but haven't found a
combination that works for RPC mode.  Both LOW & HIGH modes work though.

In RPC mode, Interchange stops responding to requests after a few pages are
served.

Most of my experiments were on Redhat 8.0.  I just tried with 9.0
yesterday, but could not get Perl to compile cleanly and pass all tests.

Thanks for sharing your new RPMs.

Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     ramoore@axion-it.net