[ic] Convert access.gdbm to mysql

Neil Hambleton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 12 09:24:00 2003

At 01:21 PM 01/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > Jan  3 10:19:51 mordred int1: Died in server spawn: Could not tie to
> > '/var/lib/interchange/catalogs/ghast/products/access.gdbm': Resource
> > temporarily unavailable at /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line
> > 115.
>>
>>     Multiple users trying to use the admin backend simultaneously with
the
>>same user account.
>>

>>Jeff
>
>If you are using an SQL database for most of your tables, I would suggest
>you convert access to SQL and see if that helps. GDBM is weak when it comes
>to multi-user/session access.
>
>- Ed L.

I think I may be having a similar problem under IC 4.8.6, and was going to
try converting "access" to SQL instead of gdbm. I have looked, but not found
any documentation on this sort of conversion. My plan was to:

1. Use the Admin UI to export access to access.txt
2. Create a dbconf/mysql/access.mysql file
3. Remove dbconf/mysql/access.dbm
4. Restart Interchange and hope it picks up my new configuration

However I'm a little unsure about the format of the access.mysql file. I was
going to use something like:

Database  access access .txt    __SQLDSN__
ifdef SQLUSER
Database  access  USER         __SQLUSER__
endif
ifdef SQLPASS
Database  access     PASS         __SQLPASS__
endif
Database  access     COLUMN_DEF   "username=char(14) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY"

But I'm concerned about whether "char(14)" is sensible for username, and
whether I need to include COLUMN_DEF statements for the other fields. If so,
how do I find out what datatypes, sizes and indices to include?

Before I go ahead and screw anything up, I'd appreciate any advice anyone
can offer.

Thanks,
Neil