[ic] Can no longer Auto-Populate 4.9.7

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 13 00:28:00 2003

On my Redhat 8.0 server with the stock perl I was running
4.9.7-200303290658 and was able to get the Auto-Populate to work after
for example adding a new category.

I attempted to upgrade to 4.9.7-200305100658, but it wouldn't let me
because of the recent requirement of a non-threaded perl. So I did:

 > 	2. Install a separate perl.
 >
 > 		tar xzf stable.tar.gz
 > 		cd perl*
 > 		./configure -des
 > 		make test
 > 		make install
 >
 > The second will install it at /usr/local (under Linux), in which case
 > you install Interchange with
 >
 > 	/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL

and that allowed me to install 4.9.7-200305100658

I had problems with some modules, so I decided to go back... I removed
the perl directories that were installed (maybe not all of them) and
re-installed 4.9.7-200303290658.

But things are not as they were... I can't get the AutoPopulate to work
on a new foundation catalog and I *know* it worked before I started all
this. There are some other problems too. Could it be that installing the
older build over the newer build did not fully restore things?

DB