[ic] Customer Receipt Problems

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 13 11:54:00 2003

> My little problem is that I cannot get the mail_receipt function to
> work - meaning no mail receipt is sent at all to customers email address.
> I am pretty sure its just a small "bug" somewhere, but I cant find it.
> The Interchage order works perfectly.
>
> My ISP has installed IC v4.8.7 running Perl 5.6.1.
>
> In the admin I check that the customer has activated "wants email
> cop" set to "Yes". And the "Email" is also set correctly with complete
> email address. For information, the "mv_username" is also the
> customers email to login to the account.
>
> The checkout contain following info on the order_route:
>
> <FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD="POST">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id VALUE="[data session id]">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_route   VALUE="log main copy_user">
>
> The catalog.cfg contains:
>
> Route copy_user  <<EOF
>         empty        1
>         error_ok     1
>         encrypt      0
>         increment    0
>         report       etc/mail_receipt
>         supplant     0
>         track        logs/log
> EOF
>

> The etc/mail_receipt file contains:
>
> [if value email_copy]
> Sending email copy of order [value mv_order_number] to [value email]:
> [email to="[value email]"
>         subject="Takk for ordren [value mv_order_number] på kr [scratch
> sum_eks_mva] eks mva"
>         from=|"__COMPANY__ - ordrekontor" <__ORDERS_TO__>| ]
> Hei [value fname]!
> [/if]
>

> The "profiles.order" file has setting:
> &final = yes
> All places in the file.  Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? :)
> Thanks in advance for all help.
>
> Kent Karlsen

Kent, check two things... I *think you must have your receipt declared as a
special page in catalog.cfg:

SpecialPage  receipt  ../etc/receipt

Also, if you edited this on a windows box, check and see if carriage retuns
are messing you up.. actually, check these:

perl -i -p -e 's/\r//g' catalog.cfg

Another thing, I believe it is safer to set the mv_order_route in say...
profiles.order, but that does not affect your problem.

Paul