[ic] Different demo type...

Marty Tennison interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 15 14:02:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 08:15, Phil Smith wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I have been working on a modest improvement of some aspects of the
> foundation demo and have put up this humble beginning at:
>
>     http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/demos/mike-0.02.tar.gz
> [/snip]
>
> I have installed this demo, but every time I try to re-start I get
> "products not a database, cannot use as a products file."
>
> I have the products.txt file in the products directory!
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction
>
> Phil

I had that same problem until I followed the README file instructions
closely.  I think there is a typo in the README on this line...

bin/makecat -demotype=mike

Which should be (according to makecat --help)

bin/makecat --demotype=mike

But I couldn't get that to work either.  So I just un-tared mike into
the interchange software directory, then did a bin/makecat and choose
mike as the demo type.  Everything from that point went fine.

The demo looks very promising.  The directory structure looks cleaner
than foundation and overall, it looks to be a good start.

Great work Mike. (as usual)

--
Marty Tennison <marty@sediva.com>
The Sediva Company