[ic] Can't find Credit Card Numbers

Cameron B. Prince interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 16 01:56:01 2003

> Where can I find it. Does interchange store the credit card
> number in a
> special place
> or is there an option to set which will turn off the blotting of the
> card number?
>
> I really don't even need it emailed to me because if it's accesible in
> the admin
> module that's good enough... I can just check it everyday for orders.

It's not possible to securely store credit card numbers on the server
running IC so that they are visible within the admin tool. Even with
encryption, the decryption key would have to be stored there as well.

IC does save the credit card numbers in an encrypted format in the orders
directory under each catalog IF encryption is enabled.

>From what you've described, it would probably be best for you to get the
email client plugin at PGPfreeware.com and enter the card numbers into the
terminal from the email reports IC sends.

Good luck,
Cameron