[ic] transactions but no userdb records

Jason Crickmer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat May 17 13:00:00 2003

Howdy,

I am a little confused and concerned about the checkout process with
respect to the transactions table and the userdb table in my IC
instance.

First, some background.  I have only been using Interchange for four
or five months and in my spare time, so I am a definite novice.
Second, I have modified quite a bit of the "foundation" demo.

The problem I am having is that some customers are checking out
without creating a customer account.  I know that IC allows this (and
is also configurable to not allow this).  So, when some customers do
checkout, a new user named "U00XXX" gets created.  Not exactly what I
want, but it will work for now.

But, when some others check out, no userdb record is created at all!
Just a record in the transactions table.  I have two or three
instances of this just from last week.

Is this a "feature", is there a bug in 4.9.7, or did I hose something
up in my customization?  Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Jason