[ic] Troubleshooting config errors at startup

Interchange User interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 19 09:53:00 2003

>> Can anyone tell me what I should do to track down the cause of
>>
>> "Bad user tag parameter '' for 'new_nav_primary', skipping"
>>
>> when I attempt to start my catalog?  I am running 4.9.7, trying to
>> create a new usertag to display some graphics for a navbar on my site.
>> I can't seem to find any references to "Bad user tag parameter" in the
>> archives.
>
> How about posting your usertag so we can see what's wrong with it?

Hi again,

	Sorry, thought I'd attached it to the last message, but I guess not.

	This is what I have so far.  This code maintains a list of elements to
be rendered as buttons in a navbar.  There is another subroutine for
second level pages as well, but I'm not sure if that should be part of
this or not (having never written my own usertag before).  Basically,
what I want to do is generate a navbar, and insert the links and images
dynamically.  I toyed with the idea of using the menu editor, but I
think (hope?) it will be easier to adapt my existing Mason (embedded
Perl) code over to a usertag.  Any opinions on that are welcomed too.

Thanks.

----- ----- --------------------

UserTag new-nav Routine <<ENDNAV
sub {
     # We configure our tab list/order...
     my @nav_tab_list = split /, /, 'home, products, services, support,
partners, news, aboutus';

     # This list contains the information for the "Products" tab sub nav
menu.
     # Later in the routine, it is loaded into the corresponding tab's
hash.
     my @subnav_products = (

       {name        => 'products_overview',
        text        => 'Overview',
        url         => '/products/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'products_goal',
        text        => 'Goal Alignment',
        url         => '/products/goal.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'products_performance',
        text        => 'Performance Evaluation',
        url         => '/products/performance.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'products_development',
        text        => 'Development Planning',
        url         => '/products/development.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},
     );

     # Here are the subnav items related to the "Services" tab. Note that
     # the flags are determined in the routines above...
     my @subnav_services = (

       {name        => 'services_overview',
        text        => 'Overview',
        url         => '/services/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'services_consulting',
        text        => 'Consulting',
        url         => '/services/consulting.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'services_customer',
        text        => 'Customer Support',
        url         => '/services/customer.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'services_custom',
        text        => 'Custom Developmnt',
        url         => '/services/custom.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '0'}

     );

     # Here are the subnav items related to the "News" tab. Note that
     # the flags are determined in the routines above...
     my @subnav_news = (

       {name        => 'news_news',
        text        => 'News',
        url         => '/news/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'news_articles',
        text        => 'Articles',
        url         => '/articles/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'news_newsletter',
        text        => 'Monthly Newsletter',
        url         => '/newsletter/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '0'}

     );

     # Here are the subnav items related to the "About Us" tab. Note that
     # the flags are determined in the routines above...
     my @subnav_about = (

       {name        => 'aboutus_overview',
        text        => 'Overview',
        url         => '/company/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'aboutus_contact',
        text        => 'Contact Info',
        url         => '/company/contact.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'aboutus_directions',
        text        => 'Visitor Directions',
        url         => '/company/directions.html',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'aboutus_careers',
        text        => 'Careers',
        url         => '/company/careers/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'aboutus_executive',
        text        => 'Executive Bios',
        url         => '/company/bios/executive/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'},

       {name        => 'aboutus_board',
        text        => 'Board Member Bios',
        url         => '/company/bios/board/',
        width       => '169',
        height      => '21',
        active      => '1'}

     );

     # A list of hashes containing all our tab button info. Maybe we'll
move
     # this to another file someday.
     my (@sections);

     @sections = (