[ic] data structures behind tags?

Dave Della Costa interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 20 16:57:00 2003

Hi folks, I'm pretty new to interchange, and I'm having difficulty
sorting through the documentation to find what I need.  I'm hoping
someone can point me in the right direction at least.  My apologies if
this is redundant.

We have a kind of hybrid Interchange system here (it is 4.8.3 I'm pretty
sure).  What I am trying to do is parse the report files created from
tags in the template file /<our interchange installation>/etc/report.  I
have a little daemon that picks up on when a new order comes through and
starts the parsing process for the new order.  I'm finding the parsing
very frustrating though, and what I would REALLY like to do is just tap
into the data structures behind the tags and grab that data directly to
paste it into my own format (take it as a given that my daemon will be
running on the same machine as the interchange server).  Can anybody
suggest how to do this, would it even be possible?  Otherwise I'll have
to keep monkeying with the report template...

Thanks much,
Dave D.