[ic] Question

allknobs no interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 21 13:49:06 2003

Here's my question.

This website i'm setting Interchange up for has many products and if two
products are related but have a differnt color, differnt size... etc. the
company gives them each there own SKU...

The way I found to do this makes it so if someone uses the search they can
only search for the SKU of the main product... seeing as each product really
has many SKUs there really is no main product. Also when I add options to
something to choose the color and such, it doesn't give the combonation that
you choose a new SKU, like it needs to.

An example from there catalog.

Steel Wool Pads & Rolls
There is this one product but many Order numbers for each one depending on
there Grade...
So
495-1117 Finest Grade
495-1125 Extra fine
495-1133 Fine
... and so on... Also there are other products not related that have 495- in
front of them.

So is there a way to have differnt products yet have them related so when
you go to one you see the others as well, and so you can search for any of
there names and SKUs?

Thanks in advance.

-Blake