[ic] Question

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 21 14:45:01 2003

> The way I found to do this makes it so if someone uses the search they can
> only search for the SKU of the main product... seeing as each product
really
> has many SKUs there really is no main product. Also when I add options to
> something to choose the color and such, it doesn't give the combonation
that
> you choose a new SKU, like it needs to.
>
> Steel Wool Pads & Rolls
> There is this one product but many Order numbers for each one
> depending on
> there Grade...
> So
> 495-1117 Finest Grade
> 495-1125 Extra fine
> 495-1133 Fine
> ... and so on... Also there are other products not related that
> have 495- in front of them.
>
> So is there a way to have differnt products yet have them related so when
> you go to one you see the others as well, and so you can search for any of
> there names and SKUs?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Blake

Blake, you can do this with options, or the way you are doing it. If you
want them all to be separate products as you describe them already doing,
just add a column into "products" called say 'master_sku' then put the sku
number of the product that is actually searched in it for like items.

Then, on flypage, loop through products selecting all master_sku equal to
[item-code]... get the idea? This layout will be workable in ADMIN, although
it is a cheesy way to to do in the first place. You can use another table
for the same purpose, but it won't fare as easy in ADMIN, and anyways, if
you were going through that trouble, you mise well setup options to do it
correctly from the get go.

Paul