[ic] New IC Site Launch

Ron Phipps interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 21 15:28:54 2003

> From: Aaron Hazelton
>
> On Wed, 21 May 2003 10:38:50 -0700, Ron Phipps <rphipps@reliant-
> solutions.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We launched another Interchange site recently.  Take a look at:
> > www.ncsxshop.com.  This site sports a full professional design,
custom
> > menus, data driven news, data driven faq, email this item to a
friend,
> > product reviews, and linkpoint integration.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Ron
> >

> Hey Ron, great work as usual!

Hi Aaron, thanks for the compliment :)

> I did notice that with Opera 7.03 Build 2670 the menu is quite
> difficult to use.  You have to be really deft at using a mouse
> to utilize it.

Thanks for reporting this, I will have our designer take a look and see
what is causing the problem.

> I noticed that it uses a /bin/yada/yada/menu.html file.  I am
> wondering, if you dont mind, if using that setup allows IC to parse
that
> file and utilize the [area] tags for the links?

Yes, we used this menu system: http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/.  There is
a .js file which is the menu code and then the menu.html is used to
generate the menu for our structure.  Inside that menu.html are query
and area tags to pull the category/subcategory structure from the db.
This allows us to dynamically create the menu.

> One other thing.  I really like the way the Shipping Calculator
> is done.  very nice.

Thanks again, that was an idea of the owner at Frozencpu.com, so we are
adding it as a feature on our sites now.

Take it easy,
-Ron