[ic] Order Number/BoA error

Matt Johnston interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 22 19:23:00 2003

I am using 4.9.7 with the BoA payment module.  My store works fine, except
when the BoA processor is slow.  For every 10 orders, atleast 2 or 3 get
the error

"BoA payment error: Credit card processor not responding. Please try again
later or call our customer service directly."

If the customer hits the submit order button again, everything works
fine.  Since the first "failed" transaction was still logged, my order
numbers are not getting messed up.  However I am still being charged for
that transaction.  Does anyone know why the BoA connection is slow or a way
to have interchange counter this?

My second question deals with the way Interchange handles order
numbers.  If for instance a customer enters an incorrect CC number or their
CC limit is reached, this error is handled by the BoA module, not
interchange.  So when the order is entered, interchange increments the
order number and then sends the order to the CC service.  The CC service
fails, but interchange does not decriment the order number.  So when the
customer re-enters the correct information and the CC transaction
completes, the interchange order number is one higher that the CC service
number.  Is there an easy way for interchange to notice this error and act
accordingly?

Matt Johnston

http://www.lattaoutdoors.com
http://www.thebackpacker.com