[ic] Anyone make a User ... Google Answers!!

Kevin Johnson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 23 11:08:00 2003

> > WOW! what a great idea! Has anybody ever seen Google Answers? I use it
all
> > the time BTW... It can even be automatic WRT charging CC cards....! I
know
> > of some really good store ecommerce software to do it in... what was it
> > called...  PH... somehting.....
> >
> > Paul
>
> That makes alot of sense... people who post here and get no reply would
> have the option of submitting their questions to the pay-for-help area.
> There are many members of this list who are capable of providing the
> answers and the money would provide incentive. Who knows.. maybe even I
> could answer a few of them ;)
>
> DB

The problem I see with the above propositions is that the user will be
paying for a response to a question(s) that they have no CERTAIN way of
knowing will be met with complete answers. When I peruse a guide book at the
local bookstore, I can check the index, table of contents, and the content
itself to make sure that it fits the bill. In addition, keep in mind that
some users will have to account to some department (or client) for each
charge they make on a project. Does this model fit that situation? Perhaps,
as it may be cost effective for some users in the long run.

Nevertheless, thanks to all for free responses to questions for the present.

Kevin