[ic] Currency and locale

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 23 12:25:09 2003

>I know I can do currency conversion automatically using PriceDivide. Do
I >have
>to have a different catalog for each country or can I do that within
one
>catalog?
>If so is it possible to reload the prices say using a menu or a button
>dynamically for the whole site?
>

>--
>Regards,
>
>George Osvald

You do not need multiple catalogs. The information for setting locale is
here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictemplates11%2e01

One way to implement this that we have used is to show a series of flags
that represent the different currencies that your store offers.

You can pass a variable with the link indicating which currency that
user would like to use for their session.

You can then use the Set Locale tag referenced on the page from the link
above. Just make sure to put "persist=1" in the [set...] tag to make the
currency change persist for the entire session.