[ic] Re: Setting price_level in userdb

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 23 12:47:01 2003

I assume you have created a price_level field in the userdb table?
You may need to copy the after.cfg file to catalog_dir/etc.
Foundation Demo places it here:(
catalog_dir/templates/sampledata/tools/etc/after.cfg)
>From there you can see the dealer, distributor entires ....

eg.

Profile platinum <<EOR
{
        CommonAdjust => <<EOF,

                pricing:q5,q10:,
                ;:price,
                ;:price:mv_sku,
                ;$,
                ==:options,
                -5%
EOF
        NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
}
EOR

Restart IC
You will have to make sure the new price_level field is available to edit
via the admin tool and set the options (meta data) with the price levels
you have created
eg.
=Retail,
platinum=platinum,
gold=gold,
silver=silver

The you should be able to give a customer the new price level.

>The custom profile "stgc" is in catalog.cfg and I have tried it with and
>without the "scratch price_level" directive.

Make sure catalog.cfg has:
# Allow a template to drop in some ending config.
include etc/after.cfg

>I've now run out of ideas :(

This is how I normally do it anyways.  Hope this helps.

Gary Benson
Geton.com Technologies Inc.
gary@geton.com
www.geton.com