[ic] Shared SSL Certificate

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat May 24 15:14:00 2003

> So maybe I'm confused here.  If I'm not mistaken, a cert is registered
> to a particular domain.  So if each webstore is running its own virtual
> domain, won't the browser report a security violation, that the ssl cert
> in use is registered to a domain other than the one being browsed?
>
> Josh

No you're correct... each domain needs a separate cert unless you
purchase the much more expensive site certificate. What I'm doing is
running the secure pages from other stores under the domain to which the
cert is issued. Have a look for example at http://MDtoolstore.com but
please don't place any orders as this is a production store... unless
you really want to buy tools that is ;)

DB