[ic] viewing credit card numbers via admin interface

James P. Kinney III interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 27 11:29:00 2003

--=-O8pVtMuTgLDF2irF3FyQ

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 10:49, cjones1030 wrote:
> Is it possible to view customers credit card numbers via the admin
> interface? I have a client that wants to view his clients credit card
> numbers and then enter them in manually through a credit card processing
> machine. So I'm trying to find the best way to do this. Any ideas.
>=20
My understanding is no. The CC data is encrypted and sent through an
email t5o the order receiving email account.  My client currently has an
email account just for orders and they manually process the billing that
way. Having the CC data stored on the server accessible through a web
interface is a security disaster waiting to happen.

--=20
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

GPG ID: 829C6CA7 James P. Kinney III (M.S. Physics) <jkinney@localnetsoluti=
ons.com>
Fingerprint =3D 3C9E 6366 54FC A3FE BA4D 0659 6190 ADC3 829C 6CA7=20

--=-O8pVtMuTgLDF2irF3FyQ

--=-O8pVtMuTgLDF2irF3FyQ--