[ic] "Secure" basket

Jamie Neil interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 29 17:38:00 2003

Yes

> We have a secure cert and I do not notice this behavior on our site
> (www.shopalert.us). It's always http until you click Checkout.

Interesting. I assumed the link from the basket to the checkout had to be a
form post (process-target), whereas you are using an href straight to the
checkout page. That fixes the problem because the basket form no longer
needs to be set to secure=1.

So why does the current foundation demo use a form post rather than a
straight link? The only disadvantage I can see to using the link is that if
you update the quantity and then click on checkout, then that quantity
change will be lost. That seems to be less of a problem than having the
basket buttons all transferring you to a secure url. Or am I missing
something?

Jamie