[ic] Re: InnoDB and autocommit

Toni Mueller interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 30 06:59:00 2003

[ answering because the language looks garbled to me ]

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 02:30:30AM -0400, Philip S. Hempel wrote:
> I thought that autocommit would be a configuration that could be set in

You can specify AutoCommit when you open the connection to the data
base. It is (barring my ignorance) then active for that session.

If you don't have it, every statement makes up it's own "transaction",
and you can't undo them (ie, there is no rollback).

> docs about transactions I think that that autocommit is to be done
> in-line before a transact is started. I read that to support the

A "commit" is done after you finished with your transaction, but
(I didn't read about it yet) it may also be that outstanding
transactions are committed when you specifically open a new transaction
("BEGIN TRANSACTION", some other SQL, "COMMIT").

> rollback ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at
> /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 867

AutoCommit was enabled for MySQL at least up until recently because
there was no way to switch it off.

Best,
--Toni++

--
Oeko.neT Mueller & Brandt GbR   v. +49 2261 979364, f. +49 2261 979366
http://www.oeko.net       TM28-RIPE                 Internet, Security,