[ic] perl-digest-md5 install problem

Tom Luong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 30 09:57:01 2003

From: "Andrew Melichar" <development@skipmartin.com>

> I'm trying to install interchange 4.8.7 on RH 9. Has anyone successfully
> done this?
>
> Any of the RPM's that I download run for about a second and then just
> quit without installing or giving any type of error.
>
> I found a tar.gz module and unzipped it. I ran makefile.pl and ended up
> with the below makefile (just a snippet). It seems all messed up - lines
> have only one quote, some of them do not have complete paths, and when I
> run make test or make install, I get the error:
>
> [skipmartin@localhost Digest-MD5-2.24]$ make test
> Makefile:82: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> Please help - any ideas? What stupid thing am I doing this time?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy Melichar
> Rebel2 Studios

I am having similar problems installing 4.8.7 on a RH9 machine
We are a fresh install of RH9.  That may have something to do with it.
There was
something that is wrong with one of the CPAN modules, specifically.  Here's
the
transcript of the install.

[root@boss rpms]# rpm -i interchange-4.*
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl-Digest-MD5 is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-libnet is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
[root@boss rpms]#

The perl-libnet is the one thing that won't install and is giving the most
trouble.

Any suggestions on this topic will also be greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks,
Tom