[ic] undeletable items - part way there

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 30 15:19:00 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 13:59:18 -0400, Chaim Klar <c_klar@c-cs.com> wrote:

>> I think the easiest way would be to make sure that any items added
>> from a quote are impossible to delete.  that way, someone could
>> still purchase extra items and delete those before checking out.
>>

>> Ok, I have it working part way.  Here is what I am doing in the [item-
> list]: (it might be cheesy, but im no guru :-)
>>
>> [tmp quote_chk][filter 2][item-sku][/filter][/tmp]
>> [if type="scratch" term="quote_chk" op="eq" compare="q-"][tmp
> no_delete]1[/tmp][/if]
>>
>> (the remove area)
>> [if scratch no_delete]
>> <small><small>Quote<BR>Item</small></small>
>> [else]
>> <INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME="[quantity-name]"
> onClick="this.form.action='[process-target]', this.form.submit()"
> VALUE=0>
>> [/else]
>> [/if]
>>
>> (the quantity area)
>> [if scratch no_delete]
>> <B>[item-quantity]</B>
>> [else]
>> <INPUT TYPE=text NAME="[quantity-name]" VALUE="[item-quantity]" SIZE=3>
>> [/else]
>> [/if]
>>
>> [tmp no_delete][/tmp]
>> [/item-list]
>>

>> Here's my problem: Even though this is working correctly and displaying
> the 'remove' checkbox and the 'qty' input for items
>> that are not on a quote, when you click the remove check or '0' the
>> input,
> the page refreshes, and the item will not go
>> away.
>>
>> More info: if you have items in the cart BEFORE adding these
>> quote items in (via OnFly) then all deletable items can be removed.
> However, if you have ONLY quote items in and then
>> add other items, all of those subsequent items cannot be removed.
>> weird..
>
> I don't see where you unset the 'no_delete' variable you should add
>

> [if type="scratch" term="quote_chk" op="eq" compare="q-"]
> 	[tmp no_delete]1[/tmp]
> [else]
> 	[tmp no_delete]0[/tmp]
> [else]
> [/if]

thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this does not make any
difference.

>> Any ideas on what is going wrong?  there is no error in the
>> logs ...
>>
> Thank You
> Chaim Klar
> (718)871-6751

since some items that have the remove box can be removed, and some cannot
(as i noted above) I think this has something to do with the method that ic
uses in deleting an item and how
that relates to on the fly items.  anyone have any ideas along
those lines? -- Aaron Hazelton
Hazenet.net