[ic] Custom Database defaulting to gdbm (Sql-Ledger)

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Sat Nov 1 13:46:18 EST 2003

Hi List,

I have a small database that I am trying to integrate with a 3rd party
accounting system (Sql-Ledger).  The scripts seems to be working fine as the
database is populated but here is my problem its in the wrong format the
database is defaulting to .gdbm.

In CATROOT/products I have a file customer.txt in that file I have the
tabbed headers for the database:
id name addr1 addr2 addr3 addr4 contact phone fax email notes discount
taxincluded creditlimit terms customernumber cc bcc

-rw-rw----    1 interch  interch     12411 Nov  1 13:17 customer.gdbm
-rw-rw-rw-    1 interch  interch       123 Nov  1 13:14 customer.txt

In CATROOT/dbconf/pgsql I have a file customer.pgsql
Database  customer  customer.txt  "dbi:Pg:dbname=accountingsystemdatabase",
"postgres", "password"

Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "id=VARCHAR(20)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "name=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "addr1=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "addr2=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "addr3=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "addr4=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "contact=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "phone=VARCHAR(20)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "fax=VARCHAR(20)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "email=TEXT"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "notes=TEXT"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "discounts=REAL"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "taxincluded=TEXT"
Database  customer  DEFAULT             "creditlimit='0'"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "terms=TEXT"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptoname=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptoaddr1=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptoaddr2=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptoaddr3=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptoaddr4=VARCHAR(35)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptocontact=VARCHAR(20)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptophone=VARCHAR(20)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptofax=VARCHAR(20)"
Database  customer  COLUMN_DEF   "shiptoemail=TEXT"

My catalog.cfg is setup accounting to mike heins very generous post with a
few small mods in the connection

Variable TRANSACTION_ACCOUNTING_SYSTEM   1
Accounting sql-ledger  Class           Vend::Accounting::SQL_Ledger
Accounting sql-ledger  link_table      customer
Accounting sql-ledger  base_url        http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/sql-ledger
Accounting sql-ledger  assign_username 0
Accounting sql-ledger  inv_counter     products:invno
Accounting sql-ledger  username accountingsystemuser
Accounting sql-ledger  password xxxxxxxxx
Accounting sql-ledger  <<EOR
  countrycode  US
  company      ExactaSphere
  currency     usd
  dateformat   mm-dd-yy
  dbconnect    "dbi:Pg:dbname=accountingsystemdatabase", "postgres",
"password"
# dbconnect    dbi:Pg:dbname=accountingsystemdatabase
  dbdriver     Pg
  dbname       accountingsystemdatabase
  dboptions    "set DateStyle to \'POSTGRES, US\'"
  dbuser       apache
  email        batschelet at exactasphere.com
  name         "Sam Batschelet"
  numberformat "1,000.00"
  printer      lp
  signature    "Just Testing"
EOR

NoImport customer
Database customer customer.txt "dbi:Pg:dbname=exactasphere", "postgres",
"s1a2mayfly"

So my question is how do I get this database to connect to the pgsql.  Right
now it is defaulting to the default database gdbm so I must be missing a
flag somewhere to have the database written to sql instead of dbm, shouldn't
having the customer.pgsql file setup alleviate that?  Any help on this would
be great.

PS I did half ass the COLUMN_DEF on a few fields just to see if it would
work, if you think that this may be a cause I will do my work and make them
right.

Thanks,

Sam Batschelet
System Engineer