[ic] signio decline=0 result gets charged

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Mon Nov 3 09:30:51 EST 2003

At 06:36 PM 11/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> > If it's an intermittent problem my guess would be that you have
> > something locking a log file while interchange is trying to write to
> > it.
>
>The problem is intermittent and it seems to only happen when an order gets no
>return data from Verisign/Signio and pfpro executable.
>
>If you notice, it always has
>
>Vend::Payment:debug: signio decline=0 result:
>Vend::Payment:debug: signio decline=0 result: {
>   'ICSTATUS' => 'success',
>   'MStatus' => 'success',
>   'pop.status' => 'success'
>}
>
>Where the result string is effectively NULL.
>
> > I would examine your catalog.cfg to see how "route log" is defined.  If
> > it is like the foundation demo then <CATROOT>/etc/log_transactions is
> > called to log the sale.  Somewhere in that file might be your problem
> > and you can put debug statements in there to track it down.  Also check
> > to see if the orders are being logged in <CATROOT>/logs/log or not.
>
>Yes our installation is based origionally on the foundation demo and then
>customized.  the log_transaction doesn't look very help, or at least i don't
>understand it, here's the last screen full of info:
>
>[elsif type=explicit compare="[userdb save]"]
>[tmpn tmp_user_save]SUCCESS[/tmpn]
>[/elsif][/if]
>Saved user information to user database: [scratch tmp_user_save]
>[if scratch auto_create]
>         Logout auto-created user: [userdb function=logout clear=0
> clear_cart=0]
>[/if]
>[/try]
>
>[catch
>         error-set="log_userdb_table"
>         error-scratch="mv_route_failed"
>         ]
>There was an error updating the user information: $ERROR$
>[/catch]
>
>[comment]Past add data entry.[/comment]
>
>[comment]Past all transaction log.[/comment]
>[/tmp][perl]
>         my $out = $Scratch->{transaction_record};
>         $out =~ s/^\s+//mg;
>         $out =~ s/\s+$//mg;
>         $out =~ s/[\r\n]+/\n/;
>         $out =~ s/:\n(\d+|yes|succe\w+|fail\w+)\n/: $1\n/ig;
>         return $out;
>[/perl]
>#### end [value mv_order_number] #####
>
> > If it was not intermittent I'd say that someone changed the structure of
> > your transaction table without updating log_transaction, but that's just
> > a guess.
>
>Also here's what I get in ~/logs/log
>
>#### begin 1230 #####
>Total order: $46.95
>Payment processing...payment_method=credit_card
>Real-time charge FAILED. Reason: 0
>There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed. Reason:
>#### end 1230 #####
>
>I can't tell you how many hours I've spend on this.  Once again says failed
>reason 0, again leads be back to what I was origionall talking about earlier
> [...]

What OS/version and Perl version are you running? I don't remember seeing
anything about that in your original post. I can concur what Mike Heins
says about signalling, because for a while I had a server running Red Hat's
canned 5.8.0 dist and intermittent failed payment auths, characterized by
'empty' gateway returns like you experience, plagued all sites on the
machine. I chose to downgrade that machine to 5.6.1 and everything
magically healed itself.

So if you are running Red Hat and the Perl 5.8.x which came with it, that
is most likely causing your problem. The solution is to download and build
the latest Perl from CPAN (5.8.1 at this time), with threads turned off.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax