[ic] need zipcode

doug1 at ultimatepassage.com doug1 at ultimatepassage.com
Mon Nov 3 21:31:18 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Neal Desai wrote:

> Does anyone have zipcode to sales tax table for state of california?

An accurate zip code to sales tax table does not exist.  This is because
zip codes were designed solely to aid in mail delivery.  Zip codes
routinely cross taxing authorites.  In fact many zip codes even cross
state boundaries.  For example in California zip code 96150 covers not
only Lake Tahoe Ca, but also much of the Nevada side.

I could cite hundreds of other examples but I'm sure you get the picture.