[ic] wacky widget

Lawrence Tartol lawrence at davidweatherford.com
Tue Nov 4 16:07:52 EST 2003

Hi all,

I've been having a problem with the Image upload widget on my
Postgresql-7.3.3, RH 9.0, IC 4.9.8 server.
I've wanted to display more pictures on the flypage.I was successful in
adding fields to the database to
display product dimensions on the fly page with the [if-data] tags. I've
been trying to get the 'image upload'
to work for more images but I'm now stuck with data that jumps columns in my
I created varchar fields for  new images, image_1, image_2, image_3,
thumb_1,thumb_2 etc...... in the
admin UI I've selected 'image upload' w/o filters, and 'image upload'
'nullselect' for images and thumbs respectively,
in following how the foundation images and thumbs were set. I created
separate folders on the server for image_1 ....,thumb_2 etc...
Then I altered the meta information and told it what directory the stuff
should go in images/thumb_1 and
the appended html for each new field
<A HREF="admin/upload_file?ui_image_preview=[var IMAGE_DIR]/(new directory

Now the problem,

I have set the display: products 'fields to edit' as follows;

prod_group category
width depth height diameter
seat_w seat_d seat_h arm_h
image thumb
image_1 image_2 image_3
thumb_1 thumb_2 thumb_3

Everything shows up as desired but....
If I go back and make any changes in the image fields the thumbs shift to
the first empty spot in the image fields but only in the new fields I've
thumb_1 data moves to image_1 data field if image_1 was empty, otherwise it
would move to the image_2 field. Am I witnessing Interchange string theory
or is my problem obvious to someone out there?
Advice appreciated.

Lawrence Tartol