[ic] wacky widget (Modified Subject: Additional Image Fields:
gnorton at broadgap.com
Wed Nov 5 08:42:25 EST 2003
> -----Original Message-----
> From: interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org [mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Lawrence Tartol
> Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 5:08 PM
> To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
> Subject: [ic] wacky widget
> Hi all,
> I've been having a problem with the Image upload widget on my
> Postgresql-7.3.3, RH 9.0, IC 4.9.8 server.
> I've wanted to display more pictures on the flypage.I was successful in
> adding fields to the database to
> display product dimensions on the fly page with the [if-data] tags. I've
> been trying to get the 'image upload'
> to work for more images but I'm now stuck with data that jumps columns in
> I created varchar fields for new images, image_1, image_2, image_3,
> thumb_1,thumb_2 etc...... in the
> admin UI I've selected 'image upload' w/o filters, and 'image upload'
> 'nullselect' for images and thumbs respectively,
> in following how the foundation images and thumbs were set. I created
> separate folders on the server for image_1 ....,thumb_2 etc...
> Then I altered the meta information and told it what directory the stuff
> should go in images/thumb_1 and
> the appended html for each new field
> <A HREF="admin/upload_file?ui_image_preview=[var IMAGE_DIR]/(new directory
> Now the problem,
> I have set the display: products 'fields to edit' as follows;
> prod_group category
> width depth height diameter
> seat_w seat_d seat_h arm_h
> image thumb
> image_1 image_2 image_3
> thumb_1 thumb_2 thumb_3
> Everything shows up as desired but....
> If I go back and make any changes in the image fields the thumbs shift to
> the first empty spot in the image fields but only in the new fields I've
> thumb_1 data moves to image_1 data field if image_1 was empty, otherwise
> would move to the image_2 field. Am I witnessing Interchange string theory
> or is my problem obvious to someone out there?
> Advice appreciated.
This is identical to a message I posted last week.
I have worked around this problem by adding a very small (i.e. 1px)
transparent image as a placeholder in these fields. It seems to be a viable
I was working with Mike Heins on some other consulting projects and
mentioned this particular issue to him. He suggested that it might be a bug
in the code related to multi-part file uploads. I believe ge added it to the
list of bugs/things-to-check-out.
Beyond that, I did not get any responses or come up with other work-arounds.
I know that the dev team is very busy working on the upcoming 5.0 release
and are actively fixing bugs. However, I don't know the priority of
something like this in the grand scheme of things.
Depending on its importance and/or your skills you might be able to address
it yourself, or seek consulting services of one of the devs.
Good luck and let me know if you find a better work-around or fix. This
drove me nuts for about a week 8).
More information about the interchange-users