[ic] Formatting an IC Tag Variable with Perl - How??

AS news1 at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 6 20:28:58 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I want to format an IC Tag variable with a line (or two) of Perl.

I want to use this perl line:-

s/(...$)/ ${1}/g;

to format the [loop-data transactions zip] which should add a space 3
characters from the end.

Below is the current code from order_view page for the shipping address,
I have tried various ways of entering it using [perl]code[/perl] but it
always just prints the perl line on the screen.

I really want to apply this format to the variable rather than just
displaying it in this format, will this work? If not how can I re-format
it?

[set ship_address]
[loop-data transactions fname] [loop-data transactions lname]<br>
[loop-data transactions address1]<br>
[if-loop-data transactions address2]
[loop-data transactions address2]<br>
[/if-loop-data]