[ic] "Members Only" redirection problem

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at parkertechgroup.com
Sat Nov 8 15:37:35 EST 2003

Hi all,
  I have a site that is for "members only." It is based on the
Foundation demo store. What I would like to happen is when anyone who is
not logged in clicks a link in the vertical category list they are
directed to the login page and then on to the page they initially
requested. However, it seems that no matter what I do that after logging
in the user is always directed back to the index page. Note: this
problem is only limited to links selected from the vertical category
list. Those in the horizontal menu bar appear to pass through just fine.
It appears that in the problematic scenerio mv_successpage is always set
to 'index' whereas it should be something else (I am not quite sure)
which produces the results page which would have been displayed by the
originating link from the vertical category bar.
  I have tried several suggestions given in the archives to fix similar
problems, but to no avail. If you are interested in seeing the problem
first hand browse to http://www.interstatedist.com , click on any item
in the vertical category list, and log in using Username: Test and
Password: Test.
  Here is the version info:

Redhat Linux 7.3
Interchange 4.8.7
Perl 5.6.1

 Any help will be greatly appriciated as this is my first attempt at
building a site for production.

Thanks,
Chris R. Nighswonger
Network & Systems Engineer