[ic] "Members Only" redirection problem

Joachim Leidinger joachim at Leidinger.net
Mon Nov 10 21:06:03 EST 2003

Chris Nighswonger wrote:
>>Chris Nighswonger wrote:
>>
>>> it

>>>Correction: 'index' should be 'results'
>>
>>I can confirm it, but what is the problem? If you are not
>>logged in, you
>>can't get any results of products from the results page. What
>>is wrong
>>in this case? What shall I to see? If I select anything from the
>>vertical category, I get the login page, I login as a test user and I
>>get a a list of selected category from the results page. What
>>is wrong?
>>
>>Joachim
>>

> Here is what I would like to see happen: A user clicks on a category
> BEFORE logging in. He/she is directed to the login page. He/she logs in
> and is passed on to the results page rather than returned to the index
> page.
>
> This is more for the end user who forgets themselves and tries to click
> before logging in.

In this case, set mv_nextpage and mv_successpage to index permanently,
if the login page is displayed. For example

<FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo  VALUE=return>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_click VALUE=Login>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_failpage VALUE="login">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_successpage VALUE="index">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="index">
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">

etc.

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing.
[joachim at leidinger.net]