[ic] Errors while creating options for products in admin GUI

Ryan Grace ryan at ryangrace.com
Tue Nov 11 14:11:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Kevin Old wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 15:57, Ryan Grace wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've searched the archives for mention of this problem, but have come up empty.
> > I've just moved my functional Interchange site from a development server to a production server.  The process I used to migrate was to install IC on teh new server, do bin/makecat, and then scp the pages/, templates/, html/, and products/ drectories over to the live server form the dev server.  The filesystem paths and d info are the same on the two servers.  The catalog seems to be fully functional when browsing it.
> >
> > The problem occurs when trying to add options to an item in the admin GUI.  I go to Items->Item List click hte sku of the item I want to edit and then click OPtions in the top navigation to edit its options.  I choose Simple Options then click the Update button and am presented with an error page that says only Error: at the top and no more detail than that.  I am not getting an error message in my main or catalog error logs, nor in my apache error log.
> >
> > Can anyone think of why this might happen?  I was able to add and remove options from items on my dev server just fine.  I'm really stumped here.  Could there be a file permissions problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
> Hi Ryan,
> Couple of things to check....
> You said you moved pages/, templates/ and products/ over....any reason
> you didn't copy everything?
> Also, are you using the same user on both dev and prod?
> I assume your using the flat-file db, but if not, you did transferred
> the db (Mysql, Postgres, ...)?
> Also, what verison of IC and what flavor/version of linux?

I'm running IC 4.8.6 on Red Hat 7.1.  I originally did copy everything over and had the same problem, so I started again from scratch and copied over only the directories I thought I really needed, this time excluding some like session/ etc.  Same problem.

I think I've found a clue to the problem in the source of item_option.html.  The only code in there that bounces to the error page is:

[if-mm function="!tables" table="[cgi mv_data_table]"]
[bounce page="__UI_BASE__/error"]

I can't find a tag refernce for [if-mm] on the icdevgroup.org site using the search however.  I'm not familiar with if-mm or what it's checking for there.

I am using the same user on both dev and prod.


More information about the interchange-users mailing list