[ic] upgrade to mySQL successful -- opinions requested

Grant listbox at email.com
Tue Nov 11 14:03:41 EST 2003

I've finished upgrading to mySQL and it seems pretty cool.  I'm messing
around with the *.sql files in the dbconf/mysql directory and it looks like
if there aren't any COLUMN_DEF field definitions in a table's file, IC just
sets the fields with default definitions.  I'm just wondering if there's any
reason to set up those COLUMN_DEFs for new fields if the defaults will work
OK.  It's just that I'm totally new to SQL, and I want to make sure I'm not
blowing it by not defining the field specifics.  Any advice is much
appreciated.

- Grant