[ic] Newbie: Installation Question

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Wed Nov 12 13:11:27 EST 2003

At 02:27 PM 11/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I am installing Interchange 4.9.9 to start learning it.
>
>I have my base hosting account, with clients domains setup within my account.
>
>Example:  /MyDomain/ClientDomain
>
>I'm just curious if I install Interchange once in my folder, will I be
>able to create seperate catalogs / sites all using that one
>installation?  Or do I need to install Interchange for each domain?  I am
>on a shared server and do not have root priveledge if that is an issue.
>
>Thanks!!
>
>- Justin

One interchange installation can run multiple catalogs owned by different
users. What may trip you up is the need to set group memberships in order
for the permissions to work; if you don't have the ability to add
supplementary group memberships to the user account which will run the
interchange server, you may not be able to get it to work without
administrator assistance. Of course it all depends upon your hosting and
user setup.

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax