[ic] image upload

Ryan Grace ryan at ryangrace.com
Thu Nov 13 09:41:04 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> IC 4.9.8 on Slackware 9.1
>
> I'm trying to add an item with the item add mnu. I select the image
> file(s) to upload but they don't display when the item is viewed after
> the addition is made. I check the images directory and the image file is
> not there.
>
> The images directory is owned by the interchange user and the group is
> the apache webserver group. It is set 775 interch:nobody.
>
> Is there a flag I need to set in variable.txt to allow uploading of
> image files?  Note: This is an upgraded IC database from 4.8 on a RedHat
> 7.3. I pulled over the old data and inserted it into the new IC on it's
> new machine. I then ran all the merges it suggested.
> --

I had a similar problem during my brief encounter with IC 4.9.9.  I'm reciting this from memory, so I may be a little off on the details.  In 4.9.9 vs 4.8.6 the Add/Edit Item interface is "tabbed" with the first tab having the fields for uploading an image and a thumbnail image.  What I found was that after specifying the files to be uploaded you must hit the Ok or Submit or whatever the button is to commit the changes before navigating to another tab or the two form fields where you specified the product image and thumbnail image are blanked.

Does that make sense?  I'm not sure I explained that well. :)

Ryan