[ic] Util.pm and "Vend" question.

Jack Gates jlgates at morningstarwebservices.net
Fri Nov 14 10:58:50 EST 2003

> if you have downloaded any of the Interchange
> Perl modules
> to a Windows box to work on them (i.e. Util.pm), then uploaded
> them again,
> you could have a problem like this. Embedded Windows carriage returns are
> your enemy in Perl code on on *nix box. If this is the case, try
> stripping
> them out of the affected files and restart interchange:
>
>          cd VENDROOT/lib/Vend
>          perl -i -p -e 's/\r//g' Filename.pm

This is true and all that you have to do is download it to the Windows box.
It does not have to be opened or edited in any way. I found this the hard
way with FormMail.pl that I use in my CGI-BIN. I did the edit on my local
Linux box and put it back on the server. The the ftp through Windows broke
the script. After I used ftp from my local Linux box and put it back on the
server without going through the Windows box it worked.

Jack Gates
Morning Star Communications
2131 Woodruff Road, Suite 2100 #300, Greenville, SC 29607, 1-864-967-0094
jlgates at morningstarwebservices dot net, www.morningstarwebservices.net
Web Hosting, Web Design, CAD Service, 800 numbers, Gift Albums