[ic] location of external JavaScript file not found

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Mon Nov 17 09:15:38 EST 2003

At 01:20 PM 11/16/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>(Interchange 4.9.9 from tar, Redhat 8.0, Perl 5.8.2)
>
>I am trying to use code like:
>
><script type="text/JavaScript" src="helo.js"></script>

Assuming that the  text file helo.js is under your http documents root, you
would probably want to do:

         <script type="text/JavaScript" src="/helo.js"></script>

If your secure and non-secure documents roots are the same, this should be
all you need to do. Otherwise you'll want to copy or symlink (if allowed)
the helo.js file in the secure root as well.

If helo.js is not located (or symlinked from) the http documents space,
none of this will work at all; in that case you'll want to [include] it
into the page, or make a component for it, or store/retrieve it from a
catalog variable - something of that nature.

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax