[ic] Related items component

Kevin Old kold at kold.homelinux.com
Tue Nov 18 15:06:44 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

I'm writing a "related items" component to put in the flypage that will
suggest items that have the roughly the same title.  I've basically
copied the promo component and adjusted it to suit my needs.

Basically I pass the title of the current item to my component and using
the following block, get the first 3 words to pass to the search loop.

[perl]
 $tmp_title=$Tag->control(title);
 @words = split/\s/, $tmp_title;
 $Scratch->{tmp_title} = join(" ", @words[0,1,2]);
 return;
[/perl]

Now, I get items returned and they all match correctly (my search is
below), but I always get the current item returned as the first result.

What I'd like to do is to be able to shift the first item of the array
off so that the item the user is looking at doesn't appear in my related
items area.

Can anyone offer suggestions on how I'd go about doing this?

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old <kold at kold.homelinux.com>