[ic] Weirdness with discount tag

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Nov 18 10:19:35 EST 2003

At 10:06 AM 11/18/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Thanks for the testing, Andrew and Ed.
>
>Yes, Andrew, I can duplicate the same thing as you describe above. Ed,
>perhaps you didn't notice that the price changed when the quantity did (if
>you reload the sale page)?

I didn't notice because it did not happen. Yesterday we did not have the
specific steps which reproduce the problem. Today we do. I was also able to
get pricing weirdness by returning to the sale page via that Sale page
link. What that does (and the browswer's Back button does NOT do) is cause
a reparse of the sale page. Apparently that is where the trouble starts. I
suggest you comb that page closely for any stray [discount] tags. Discounts
are cumulative; you can discount ALL_ITEMS by 10% and then each individual
item by 25% - the final price will be 25% off of 90% of the list price.
I'll bet this is what's happening here.

Good coding practice would dictate that you clear a discount immediately
before setting it to avoid the possibility of getting this cumulative
effect unintentionally.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax