[ic] Interchange and MySQL

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Nov 18 10:43:44 EST 2003

At 10:46 AM 11/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>When I load my products.txt file to MySQL through the IC Admin UI at the
>tables something addeds quotation marks around all the text in the comment
>and size columns. Is this getting done by IC or MySQL? Does any one know how
>to get the files to upload without the quotation marks getting added?

It's not IC or MySQL that is doing this - it's MS Excel. When you export
and Excel spreadsheet to one of the text file types, Excel double-quotes
text strings ad nauseum. There is an EXCEL property you can add to database
definitions that is supposed to counteract this, but I have not used it for
some time and I'm not sure how it plays with SQL tables:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icdatabase03.06
(near the bottom of the page)

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax