[ic] Related items component

Kevin Old kold at kold.homelinux.com
Tue Nov 18 19:03:51 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 13:33, Ed LaFrance wrote:

> Well, you did not post the code that needs to be changed, so you limited
> the likelihood of getting a useful response... but I would think that if
> the body of the component is the results of a search, you could make it a
> coordinated search and exclude the current item by sku. You could also use
> a [loop-next] to skip a result if it matches the current item. And there
> are other ways, I'm sure.

Oops, I forgot the code...sorry....here's my search:

[loop
                        random="[control matches 5]"
                        search="
                                        fi=products
                                        st=db
                                        co=1
                                        sf=title
                                        se=[scratch tmp_title]
                                        op=rm
                                        nu=0
                                        cs=

                                        sf=image
                                        se=noimage.jpg
                                        op=ne
                                        nu=0
                                        cs=1
                                        ra=yes

                                        ml=[control pool 1000]
 					tf=title
                                        to=x
                                "]

My search gets titles via regex that has any of the same 3 words in the
title, and the value of the image field isn't noimage.jpg.

Any help is appreciated,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old <kold at kold.homelinux.com>