[ic] makecat variables

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Nov 18 17:04:08 EST 2003

Quoting Nathan Barnett (nbarnett at specialty-books.com):
> This is my first post.
>
> I am having trouble understanding what needs to be done to configure
> custom variables for makecat to use for my skeleton catalog when
> creating a catalog.
>
> I have in catalog.cfg inside my skeleton directory:
>
> variable SCHOOL_NAME __MVC_SCHOOL_NAME_
>
> In config/additional_fields i have:
>
> SCHOOL_NAME
> Client schools name
> Random University
>
> In additional_help i have:
>
> SCHOOL_NAME
> .
> Enter the full name of the institution that this store will serve.
>

> All that seems to make sense to me.
> Now I put in products/variable.txt :
>
> SCHOOL_NAME     __MVC_SCHOOL_NAME__     Directories and Paths
>
> I don't know if that syntax is correct because I couldn't find any docs
> on it, I used other entries in that file as examples.

In that ancient facility, no underscores are allowed in the second part
of the macro name. (You will note that none of the others have it.)

If you make it __MVC_SCHOOLNAME__, all should be well.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Function in chaos, finish in style. -- Unknown