[ic] From address in e-mails from IC

Andrew Rich andrew at mapsdownunder.com.au
Thu Nov 20 07:57:52 EST 2003

> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > This is probably really simple and not even a IC issue!
> > >
> > > I have noticed this from 4.8.5 to 4.9.9 but as my own
> site it never
> > > bothered me but I have a new site going live today and
> it
> > will bother
> > > them.
> > >
> > > The e-mails sent from IC have the host servers name and
> > domain.  How
> > > can I change to something which represents the customers
>
> > wishes more
> > > clearly.
> > >
> > > i.e. orders at mydomain.com rather then
> interch at host.isp.com
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Andrew Rich
> >
> > If you mean the email that customers get after placing an
> > order, you should define the "from" parameter of the email
>
> > tag in etc/mail_receipt.
> >
> > - Grant
> >

> Try looking in the variable table in the Admin interface.
> There
> is a variable for an email used for all sales receipts. Also
> there is a variable for forum emails.
>
> Tim

Thank you Grant and Tim for your reply.
I realise that the receipt e-mail is correct but thank your feedback.
It was the order sent to the orders_to which is formatted badly. i.e. to the
show owner.  I can probably work it out from what you have already said
about the etc folder.

Thank you
Andrew Rich