[ic] More reliable (or hassle free) alternative to AuthorizeNet?

Hostmaster hostmaster at zipp.net
Fri Nov 21 11:05:21 EST 2003

Hello List Members,
We're receiving notices from our AuthorizeNet Merchant Account Rep every
other week about "this new improvement" and "our recent merger", and "Your
Action Required", etc.

It's a pain in the neck, and our Merchant Account Rep is not familiar enough
with Interchange to be of much help.  We haven't even gotten the Interchange
Catalog working yet with AuthorizeNet, and we are getting all these
"updates".  Additionally, a very thorough review of the mailing lists and
Interchangeville Forum reveals that integration of AuthorizeNet with
Interchange has been a long running hassle,  with AuthorizeNet issues going
back for a few years.  I see more AuthorizeNet issues than all the others
combined (maybe it's because more people are using it than the others?).

So my question:  Can anyone recommend a Payment Gateway other than
AuthorizeNet that works "somewhat effortlessly" with Interchange?  I see
several options in the docs, but before switching over, I was hoping for
some feedback from those of you who have real-time experience with some of
the other Gateway options.

We would like to consider Bank of America or iTransact.

Best regards,
Michael G.