[ic] More reliable (or hassle free) alternative to AuthorizeNet?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Fri Nov 21 09:42:43 EST 2003

Jeff [jeff at badtz-maru.com] wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:05:21AM -0600, Hostmaster wrote:
>
>> We would like to consider Bank of America or iTransact.
>
> 	I use Bank of America.  There was a weird integration issue that
> required me to hack the source to BoA.pm or something like that, but
> that was a year ago and its processed a zillion transactions
> flawlessly ever since.
>
> Jeff

Yes, we are thinking of switching to BoA too. We use AuthorizeNet now (and
Wells Fargo for our Merchant account), and have come to realize that Authnet is
just a middle man that I am needlessly paying for. I have a couple of consumer
BoA accounts and REALLY like their online tools and services (I find them
really helpful for day to day banking).

Using Wells Fargo and Authnet gives them finger-pointing possibilities if
something goes wrong (nothing ever goes wrong though). If something does go
wrong, I like to know that one entity (BoA) is responsible and needs to handle
it.

I think BoA only charges $20 plus fees. Authnet is $40 plus fees. I don't know
what Itransact is, but it seems to me if you are going with a large bank, that
has online merchant services, there would be no need for the middle man. IMO As
long as BoA flawlessly handles international transactions, I will be opening
another merchant account, there, and if all goes well, transferring my
Autnet/Wells account there too.

BTW, AuthNet/Wells has worked flawlessy for the last two years, if that makes
any difference. I am just not to thrilled about their online tools (Wells
Fargo).

Paul