[ic] What to do when UPS online lookup fails

Joshua M. McClain tartan at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 28 09:35:27 EST 2003

> I have a client who uses UPS for online shipping lookups.  Once in a
> while, the lookup fails for whatever reason, and a shipping charge of
> $0.00 is entered into the order.  I was wondering what other people do
> in this case.  I thought about putting a notice if shipping is $0
> saying that shipping will be determined later or something to that
> effect, but I was wondering other people do in this case.

I too had this issue sometimes.  So I just grabbed all the data tables
from the UPS site and setup interchange to operate only on the local

Josh McClain
185 Performance
Whiteline, DMS, GoFastBits, Dobinsons, SuperPro, RPS, Aquamist, MRT, Amsoil, SX, PIAA, Cibie, Hella, Defi, Custom Fuel Line/FPR Kits
josh at 185performance.com