[ic] i userdb,multiple stores

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Sun Nov 30 08:20:26 EST 2003

At 04:15 AM 11/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello
>Iam trying to install 3 catalogs using mysql and would like to have the  3 of
>them be independent from each other but sharing ONE userdb so when a customer
>signs in or logs in in to one he/she automaticaly signed in for the other.
>
>Ive been looking in interchange.cfg and ctalog.cfg but can't find where I
>need
>to make changes so 3 of them share 1 database (Userdb).
>
>Anybody can direct me step by step on to where I neeed to make changes.
>
>Thanks
>Alex

You can specify the dbname.userdb in yourcat/dbconf/mysql/userdb.mysql,
i.e.: at the top of the file:

Database  userdb  userdb.txt   dbi:mysql:dbname
Database  userdb  USER         sqlusername
Database  userdb  PASS         sqlpassword

...in this way the catalog can use a userdb table from a different database
than what is used for the rest of the tables. But you will not be able to
have customers go from catalog to catalog and remain signed in.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax