[ic] help on gpg set up on interchange

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Nov 30 21:40:55 EST 2003

Quoting Dong Ouyang (dong at mydavinci.com):
> When I tried to place an order on user interface, here is
> what I get:
>
> Credit card encryption failed: Inappropriate ioctl for
> device
>
> Here is the messages in the .err file:
>
> gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
> gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more
> information
> gpg: %s: skipped: public key not found
> gpg: 10A9A175: encryption failed: public key not found
>
> I have followed the previous posting to setup gpg. Here is
> what I have done:
>
> 1. created a key in windows gpg software and uploaded to
> the server.
>
> 2. login as interch and imported the key and ran a test
> message to make sure it is working
>
> 3. changed the Encryption variables and catalog.cfg files
> according to the posting.
>
> All of this are from a default foundation store with no
> other changes!!

Default foundation depends on version -- if it is 4.9.9 all
you should need to do on most systems is:

	EncryptKey <string that identifies key>

It will normally find your gpg, and you don't need to set
EncryptProgram unless you have gpg someplace outside the
default path.

If you go to Admin->Commerce (again only on 4.9.x of a
recent vintage) you can add a GPG key there; it will
adjust your PGP_KEY variable and things should work
after you "Apply Changes".

On 4.8, it is a bit harder but will work if you get the
configuration right.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson