[ic] Cascading Menus's?

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Sun Oct 5 11:22:44 EDT 2003

> From: Jon
>
> > > I may well be using the wrong description in the subject but what
> > > I am after is a similar menu system to
Windows......................

> > >       That is, on mouse over a category, a sub-category will be
> > > opened and then mouse over on that sub-category another
> > > sub-sub-category ect.
> > >

> > >       This type of menu would enable many items to be accessed
> > > with the minimum of clicks
> > >

> > >       Anything available within Interchange?
> >
> > Are you looking for this kind of menus?
> > http://www.milonic.com/
> >
> > I don't know if anyone has used this kind of stuff with IC, but I
think
> that it is not too difficult to implement this with IC...
> >

>     This is not my site and I hope the owner/creator doesn't mind me
> mentioning it.. I think it is a pretty good site in any case.
>
>     Check out frozencpu.com.  I think what you're describing is there
> though
> it only goes one level deep and what you're describing is n-levels of
> depth.
>
> Jon

Jon,

We don't mind you posting http://www.frozencpu.com :)  However a better
example may be: http://www.ncsxshop.com .  On this site we used the
Milonic DHTML Menu.  It's fairly easy to integrate with a db driven IC
site.  There is also the Opencube menu here: http://www.opencube.com .
Which we are using on a site currently being built and it's just as easy
to integrate.  My designer seemed to like this menu better then the
Milonic menu.  The advantage to this menu is it allows you to run script
on the mouseover of the menu so you can hide combo boxes (they have
issues with dhtml menus) when the menu covers the combo.

Thanks!
-Ron