[ic] Cascading Menus's?

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Sun Oct 5 15:16:12 EDT 2003

> From: Mike Heins
>
> Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps at reliant-solutions.com):

> > >     This is not my site and I hope the owner/creator doesn't mind
me
> > > mentioning it.. I think it is a pretty good site in any case.
> > >
> > >     Check out frozencpu.com.  I think what you're describing is
there
> > > though
> > > it only goes one level deep and what you're describing is n-levels
of
> > > depth.
> > >

> > We don't mind you posting http://www.frozencpu.com :)  However a
better
> > example may be: http://www.ncsxshop.com .  On this site we used the
> > Milonic DHTML Menu.  It's fairly easy to integrate with a db driven
IC
> > site.  There is also the Opencube menu here: http://www.opencube.com
.
> > Which we are using on a site currently being built and it's just as
easy
> > to integrate.  My designer seemed to like this menu better then the
> > Milonic menu.  The advantage to this menu is it allows you to run
script
> > on the mouseover of the menu so you can hide combo boxes (they have
> > issues with dhtml menus) when the menu covers the combo.
>
> I would be interested to know what features these menus have that
> are not in the latest version of the mike-0.04 top menu. Note that if
> you order an item, and then follow all the branches of the Checkout
> menu it does (I think) what these do.
>
> Obviously the CSS definitions for these are crisper than the one
> in my demo, but that is all tied up with what the CSS classes are
> defined to be.

Hey Mike,

I actually have not worked with your top menu.  I receive an
html/graphic template from our designer then wrap the IC code around it.
So our designer is not aware of the tools that already exist in IC.  We
however are going to be working on a new project in the next 6 months
and I will take a look at your menu then and let you know of any
differences I see.  If you'd like to see any of our code for our menus
let me know and I can send it over.

Thanks!
-Ron