[ic] scratch values and usertags question

Matthew Crosswell matthew at compedge.co.nz
Tue Oct 7 01:32:09 EDT 2003

I want to use a UserTag to write some information from a value pair from a
form. First I store the fields to a database then I write the database field
to a file.

Q? How do I get the "[" characters to be preserved during the write
operation? At the moment they are turned into #&91; I did try simply writing
the field to the file but then I lost the "<" and "[" characters completely.

This must be covered somewhere I just can't find it...

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
Matthew :)

###HTML###
[save2file filename="[value include_file]" filedata="[data
table="module_questions" field="content" key="[scratch edit_row_name]"]"]

###USERTAG###
UserTag save2file Order filename filedata

UserTag save2file Routine <<EOR
sub {
        my ($filename, $filedata) = @_;

        open(UPLOAD, ">$filename");